Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Cute Idea for Mothers' Day

Hey there stampers! Thanks for stopping by to visit!  I hope you'll leave me a comment to let me know you've been here!

Today I am going to show you the 3-D Mothers' Day project we did at my last stamp camp.  I bought some of those little containers you can find in the wedding area of the craft store and we made these.
We decorated the tops of the containers with these flowers made of 5 scallop circles in Pretty in Pink.  I pierced the center of all five using my Paper piercer and Mat Pack then added a brad and spritzed them with water.  I scrunched each layer up while it was damp and then sponged some Regal Rose ink that bled into it because of it being wet.

We spelled out the word MOTHER using the Lovely letters Alphabet stamp set the punched them with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch.  We matted the letters onto Pretty in Pink punched with the 1 3/8" Circle Punch and then finally onto Certainly Celery punched with the Scallop Circle Punch.  We lined them up onto some organza ribbon and then added another scallop circle to cover up where the ribbon was adhered.  We added a button to the bottom and a knot of Pretty in Pink Striped Ribbon to the top.  It all fits nice and neat into the container.  You can do any word you want like SISTER, FRIEND, or the person's name.  I know I had seen this idea somewhere so if it was your idea please email me so I can edit my post to add credit where it is due :)




Hugs,

1 comment:

  1. This must have been a hit at your camp!! Adorable gift idea!! Thanks again for stopping by and leaving me a comment too :) You have a wonderful blog! Great inspiration

    ReplyDelete