Friday, April 9, 2010

Challenge & Sneak Peek in One!

Hey there stampers! Thanks for stopping by to visit!

Today's card combines 2 challenges into one and is also a sneak peek at a card we are making at my Brides and Babies class tomorrow!  I thought this was a pretty bridal shower card though it could really go for any occasion.  So this week's challenge at the Cute Card Thursday blog is to be monochromatic using different shades of the same color.  I added white but other than that it's a very pink card!  I also added some glitter to the flowers making it *sparkly* and thus qualifying for the Opus Gluei challenge to make it SPARKLE! :)




STEPS:


  1. Start with a Pretty in Pink card stock base, punch edge with the Eyelet Border punch and add a strip of Whisper White card stock to the inside edge to show off the pretty border.
  2. Ink the daisy image from the Upsy Daisy stamp set in Pretty in Pink and color the edges of the flowers with a Regal Rose Stampin' Write Marker. Then stamp on Whisper White card stock and notch corners with Ticket Corner Punch.
  3. Stamp the sentiment from the Fresh Cuts stamp set in Regal Rose ink and mat onto Regal Rose card stock.
  4. Wrap Pretty in Pink Striped Ribbon around card and tie into a knot and adhere main panel to card base.
  5. Add a butterfly made with the Big Shot, Beautiful Wings Embosslit and Pretty in Pink card stock using part of a Dimensional.
  6. Add 2-Way Glue to flowers and sprinkle with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to make it *sparkly*

INGREDIENTS:


  • STAMPS: Fresh Cuts, Upsy Daisy
  • INK: Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink
  • PAPER: Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Whisper White
  • ACCESSORIES: Pretty in Pink Striped Ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dimensional
  • TOOLS: Eyelet Border Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, Big Shot, Beautiful Wings Embosslit

Have a great weekend!
Hugs,

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Elizabeth, you had me with the pink coloring and then adding sparkle (swoon). I love love love this from the color to the pretty ribbon, the punch border, etc. etc. Can you tell I really like it? Good, because I do! Very pretty, and I agree - this is a versatile design and image to use. It would work for a birthday, Mother's day, and so on. pretty pretty pretty and thanks for playing with us at Opus Gluei. I always love to see what you've made for our challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and the sparkle is perfect! lol, I was so happy about the other elements I forgot to say how I liked your use of sparkle, I'm such a dork!

    ReplyDelete