Sunday, January 10, 2010

2 Challenges in 1!

Hey there stampers! Happy Sunday! 

I was browsing through my google reader list and saw the new challenge with the Opus Gluei girls and Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge-I knew I had to combine the two especially after seeing Vicki's card HERE.  I had to CASE it!  The Opus Gluei challenge was to use stars in your project and Karen's sketch is simple and cute!








STEPS:


  1. Punch stars out of the Christmas Cocoa DSP using the Star and Small Star Punches and layer together, leaving one extra small star for the bottom.
  2. Using the 1/16" Circle Punch punch holes to insert star brads (local craft store).
  3. Adhere to panels of the Christmas Cocoa DSP onto a mat of Soft Suede card stock and then onto your Whisper White card base.
  4. Stamp the sentiment from the Stem Sayings stamp set in Versamark and sprinkle White Embossing Powder on it.  Heat set with Heat Tool.
  5. Add stars.  I used Dimensionals on the big star in the middle and on the small one on the bottom.

INGREDIENTS:


  • STAMPS: Stem Sayings
  • INK: Versamark
  • PAPER: Whisper White, Christmas Cocoa DSP, Soft Suede
  • ACCESSORIES: Star Brads, Dimensionals, White Embossing Powder
  • TOOLS: Star Punches, Heat Tool

So glad you stopped by and hope you have a great rest of your weekend!
Hugs,

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards! The stars perfect and I love that curvy sentiment! Great job with the sketch!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Elizabeth - that was so fast and the results are great! I love this card, it's cute but also crisp and chic! Thank you for playing along with us at the OG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! I love the masculine look of this card with all the stars and the star brads are so perfect! Thanks so much for playing along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this. Who wouldn't feel like a STAR with this card. Thanks so much for playing with us at Opus Gluei.

    ReplyDelete