Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Birthday Whimsy

Hey there stampers! Thanks for stopping by!
Today's card uses some of my left over card guts from my stamp camp last week.  I wanted to use a stamp set that hasn't seen any love in a while so I pulled out my Garden Whimsy stamp set.  It's such a cute set I don't know why I've been neglecting it!


STEPS:


  1. Start with a Brilliant Blue card stock base cut at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and folded in half.
  2. Take the butterfly image fromt he Garden Whimsy stamp set and ink it up in Real Red, stamp off onto a scratch paper, then roll just the edges in Real Red ink again.  This is called the "rock n' roll" technique.  Stamp it onto Whisper White cut at 2 3/4 x 2 3/4 and notch out the corners with the Ticket Corner Punch.
  3. Adhere it to a piece of Summer Sun cut at 3 x 4 1/2.  Knot a piece of Red Striped Ribbon around the end and adhere to card base.
  4. Stamp the sentiment from the All Holidays stamp set in Basic Black on a piece of Whisper White cut at 1/2 x 3 3/4 and add yellow brads to end.  Adhere to card.
INGREDIENTS:


  • STAMPS: All Holidays, Garden Whimsy
  • INK: Real Red, Basic Black
  • PAPER: Whisper White, Brilliant Blue, Summer Sun
  • ACCESSORIES: Yellow Brads, Red Striped Ribbon
  • TOOLS: Ticket Corner Punch

Hope you are having a good week!
Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment