Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sweet Stems

I inked up some new rubber today! This set from the new catalog coming Jan. 18th is called Sweet Stems. I inked up the stems in black and then colored them in with my SU markers in Regal Rose, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink and then outlined them with Sahara Sand. I punched them out with my 1 1/4" circle punch and layered it on 1 3/8" Pretty in Pink circles. That is popped up with dimensionals on a piece of Old Olive cardstock that I stamped one of the stems randomly in Old Olive. Behind that is a piece of Pretty in Pink cardstock that I paper pierced using my Mat Pack. That's layered onto a piece of Regal Rose cardstock also randomly stamped with one of the stems in Regal Rose. It's all stuck onto a white card base and finished off with a piece of Pretty in Pink and Old Olive grosgrain ribbon.

It is based off of THIS card I found at Splitcoast by Lisa Henke.
It also uses the colors in Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration Challenge. These challenges are fun and often times makes you pull out those colors that you just don't use often. I didn't make the deadline for this one but loved this color combo and will definitely use it again especially for Valentine's Day!


Ingredients
:
  • Stamps:Sweet Stems (#113726 available 1/19!!)
  • Paper: WW (Whisper White), Old Olive, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink Ink: Black, Old Olive, Regal Rose Accessories: Dimensionals, Mat Pack (#105826)Old Olive and Pretty in Pink Grosgrain Ribbon, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment