Sunday, January 4, 2009

Valentine Gifts

I used my Pillow Box Bigz die for the first time today and made a couple little gifts for my family in Wyoming for Valentine's day. I used some retired holiday DSP from last year and some ribbon my mom sent me on one of my presents that I am reusing. It's so cute. I also made my own heart charms using Shrink Plastic, also known as Shrinky Dinks. The charms didn't turn out entirely perfect as I had imagined but my kids and I had such fun watching the plastic shrink before our eyes when I put the heat tool to them!

I simply inked up the large heart stamp from the A Happy Heart set (Holiday Mini) in Real Red and carefully stamped it on the shiny side of the Shrink Plastic. Then I cut the heart out, punched a hole in the side with my Crop-a-dile and then applied the heat tool and watched it shrink and harden. I attached it to the polka dot ribbon with the silver cording from the Holiday Mini.

Ingredients:

No comments:

Post a Comment