Sunday, August 2, 2009

Pumpkin Pick A Petal

Hey there stampers! Thanks for stopping by!

I had a chance to stamp almost all day on Friday so I got a few challenges done and tried a few new things. It was such fun and I still was able to make dinner, pick up the house and do a couple loads of laundry in between!

This card uses my poor neglected Pick A Petal stamp set and one I newly acquired that I've been wanting for ages, Stem Sayings. I also used Taylor's Cupcake Challenge for this week.

I started with a Whisper White (#100730) card base and added a mat of Pumpkin Pie cardstock (#105117). Next I added a square of Razzleberry Lemonade DSP (#115675) and stamped the greeting from the Stem Sayings stamp set (#115078) in Jet Black Stazon ink (#101406). I stamped the polka dot petal image from the Pick A Petal stamp set (#115042)in Pumpkin Pie Ink (#105216) on Whisper White cardstock and then added the loopy petal image in Jet Black Stazon Ink. I cut each petal out (didn't take as long as I thought!) and adhered them to the center with a Dimensional and some Snail. I stamped the center flower in Rich Razzleberry ink (#115658) and then stamped off and did it again giving me a darker and a lighter version of the same color. I cut those out, punched them with my 1/16" Hole Punch (#101227) and added a Circle Fire Rhinestone Brad (#109110) to the center and adhered it to my flower using Mini Glue Dots (#103683).
The lighting wasn't great when I took this picture but you get the idea. :)
Hope you are having a terrific day! Come back again to visit soon!
Hugs,
Elizabeth

1 comment: