Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Season of Birthdays

Hey there Stampers! Thanks for popping in!

Today's card uses one of my favorite stamp sets-Season of Friendship. I am always a sucker for a tree set!

*I started with a piece of Very Vanilla card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" f0lded in half and sponged the edges using Soft Suede, Crushed Curry and Creamy Caramel inks.
*Next I used my Creamy Caramel Stampin' Write Marker and the Color Spritzer Tool and spritzed some speckles in the background.
*The I inked up the tree from the Season of Friendship stamp set in Soft Suede and added leaves in Old Olive.
*I used some buttons from the Fresh Favorites II collection and adhered them using Mini Glue Dots.
*The sentiment is stamped in Soft Suede and is from the All Holidays stamp set on Very Vanilla and the end is punched with the 3/4" Square Punch to make the notch.
*I adhered it with Mini Glue Dots, popping it up to look like a fluttering banner.
*Last I added another button from the Fresh Favorites II collection with some Linen Thread tied through it adhered with another Mini Glue Dot


Ingredients:
Stamps:
Season of Friendship, All Holidays
Ink: Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, Creamy Caramel, Old Olive
Paper: Very Vanilla
Accessories: 3/4" Square Punch, Mini Glue Dots, Fresh Favorites II Buttons, Linen Thread

I LOVE this card! One layer and all! :)

take care and thanks for looking!
Hugs,
Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card, soft and gentle colors and the buttons are such a nice touch (I like the tactile nature of crafts). All sorts of lovely elements on this card!

    ReplyDelete