Friday, April 10, 2009

A New Challenge

Good Morning Stampers! Happy Good Friday to you!



As I was doing my typical hour long blog surf the other day I happened upon a fun blog that I have since favorited. Kerin Sylvester does weekly sketch challenges at her blog Stamps, Paper, Glitter and I thought this week I'd play along using the colors from Kristina Werner's Color Challenge for this week.

When I saw Pacific Point as one of the colors in Kristina's challenge for the week I knew I wanted to use the bird from Good Friend and the coordinating paper from the Good Morning Sunshine DSP. Those little birds are just too cute!

I started out with my fairly typical WW card base, added my strips of Good Morning Sunshine DSP and my Basic Black cardstock with little strips of Kiwi Kiss. I then stamped the bird image in Pacific Point and Rose Red and stamped the beak and tail again on a scrap so I could add Dimensionals to them and popped them up for interest. I managed to stamp these without my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to line my images up perfectly, but it would have been a good time to use it-I was lucky! I matted my main panel in Basic Black and added some Sizzix Sizzlits Little Leaves in Kiwi Kiss to make it look like my bird was in a tree. The final touch was my sentiment from the Only Ovals set layered on a Rose Red Scallop Oval both from the Occasions Mini Catalog.

Don't forget about Stampin' Up's current Get Connected Promotion! For the month of April when you purchase $40 in product from the Occasions Mini Catalog or $150 from either the Occasions Mini or the big Idea Book and Catalog (or hostess a workshop for that amount)you get to choose anything from the "Under $10" section of the Idea Book and Catalog for FREE!! (It's on page 208) Who can pass up FREE STAMPS?!?!

Ingredients:
Stamps: Oval All, Good Friend Paper: WW, Basic Black, Kiwi Kiss, Rose Red, Good Morning Sunshine DSP Ink: Basic Black, Kiwi Kiss, Rose Red, Pacific Point Accessories: Sizzix Sizzlits Little Leaves, Scallop Oval Punch, Dimensionals, Googlie Eye

Have a fantastic Friday and I'll see you tomorrow.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

6 comments:

  1. Ooh I love your card!!! Thank you so much for playing along in my sketch challenge. That birdie card is just too cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's cool I was going to use the big bird too but cheated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card must put that stamp set on my wish list thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that set and I love how you've used it. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and funky bird! Wondedful job with the color combo.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete