Sunday, April 5, 2009

Two Challenges, One Card


Hi there Stampers! Thanks for joining me today!
I stamped this card yesterday after checking out some of my favorite blogs and decided to combine two challenges in one. The first challenge is Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration Challenge and the second is Taylor's Cupcake Challenge sketch. Both are such fun to play along with!

I started by making my card 5 1/4" x 5 1/4", small enough to use one of my zillions of CD envelopes as an envelope if I ever send this baby out! I knew I kept these for a reason! ;)
The card base is Baja Breeze stamped in the same color using my new Fifth Avenue Floral stamps. I tried and tried to resist this set and finally just caved in *sigh* Now that I have it I love it! I stamped my two square panels in Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss and matted them with Chocolate Chip. The center flower was stamped in Chocolate Chip then colored in with a blender pen in Baja Breeze. I popped it up on dimensionals in the center and added some Dazzling Diamonds with my 2 way glue pen. The sentiment comes form the new Great Friend set in the Occasions Mini.
The final touch is adding two of my Filagree Brads in the corner, positioning them just so with my Mat Pack. I've been hiding these brads away and almost forgot I had them! They are super cute!

Ingredients:
Stamps: Great Friend, Fifth Avenue Floral Paper: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, WW Ink: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss Accessories: Dimensionals, Filagree Brads, Mat Pack, 2 Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds

So glad you stopped by! Have a great rest of your weekend!
Hugs,
Elizabeth

6 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the touch the brads add in the corner. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cad - I love this set and you have certainly used it to it's full potential!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the big flower. Fabulous job on Kristen's color challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card, Elizabeth! The rose is a great focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card! Love that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete