Wednesday, April 8, 2009

To Swap or Not to Swap

Good Morning Stampers! How are you today?
I have a demonstrator event the end of this month and have been trying to figure out my swap card. I have decided I absolutely have too many stamp sets to choose from which I think is part of my problem narrowing down to one! The only guidelines we have for our swap is that we have to use only current Stampin' Up products. That leaves it pretty wide open!
So I've been playing with several stamp sets trying to come up with I card that I just love that isn't too time intensive since I have to make quite a few of them and make sure I have enough supplies in stock to make them all. I thought I'd show you a couple that I've been working on today.

This first card is in my reject pile. Too much coloring even though I do like it. I started with a Garden Green base (probably the first time I started out with THAT color!)added a mat of Close to Cocoa and stamped my images from Blooming with Love in Black Stazon. I colored them in with my SU Markers and then adhered it to my card. I added some Tangerine Tango Striped ribbon, stamped my sentiment in black after stamping the watering can image in Sahara Sand, punched it out with my 1 3/8" Circle Punch and layered it on a Close to Cocoa Scallop Circle. White Gel Pen doodle dots finish it off.

The second card I made uses my Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set. I based it on THIS one. I was resisting this set for so long but I finally caved in and bought it. I decided to make the card using Ridinghood Red since I have a full roll of the Ridinghood Red Striped ribbon. I must say I am much more drawn to the catalog sample of it in Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss than Ridinghood Red and Black but it is very pretty. This card came together quickly which is a definite plus when you are making 40 or 50 of them! I started out with a Ridinghood Red card base, Added a Basic Black mat and stamped my flowers from the Fifth Avenue Floral set in Going Gray, Basic Black and Ridinghood Red on Whisper White cardstock. The sentiment is also from that set and stamped in black and layered with the same colors. The finishing touch is the Ridinghood Red Striped Ribbon.

This last card is my favorite though definitely not as fast and easy to put together as the Fifth Avenue Floral one above.
This card is based on THIS one I saw on Splitcoast Stampers. I started out with a Regal Rose base, added some Raspberry Tart DSP matted with Kiwi Kiss and stamped the butterfly from the Great Friend set in the new Occasions Mini. I used the rock and roll technique to stamp the butterfly by first inking it up with Regal Rose and then rolling just the outside edges in Rose Red ink. I used my Ticket Corner punch for the corners of my WW piece and matted it with Kiwi Kiss. The butterfly's trail is from the Flight of the Butterfly set and is stamped in Kiwi Kiss. I added some Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon and some flowers punched with my Boho Blossoms Punch with White Gel Pen in the centers. The final touch was a piece of WW cardstock punched with the Eyelet Punch along the bottom.

So what do you think? I have a couple more card ideas to play around with but I'd love to hear what you would vote for. Leave me a comment and let me know!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a terrific day!
Hugs,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment