Friday, May 8, 2009

Another Two Challenges in One!

Good Morning Stampers! Yippee it's Friday! I'm excited because we are going camping with some friends this weekend at the lake. Sun, boating, family, friends and fun what more could I ask for for Mother's Day weekend? Well I guess I could add stamping in there to make it perfect but I'm not about to schlep my stamping stuff to the lake! :)

So obviously I'm a big fan of all these fabulous challenges out there and love to play along but sometimes I just have to combine them or I'd miss out! There's just not enough time in the day!


Today's card combines the Diva Coffee Break Challenge to use things from the current catalog and your Big Shot and Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration Challenge.

I started out with a Rose Red base, added a panel of More Mustard and a panel of Candy Lane DSP. I die cut my Rose Red and More Mustard pieces with the Daisies #2 Sizzix Bigz Die and layered the flowers together. The center is my 1/2" Circle punch with some more Candy Lane DSP and I placed the flowers on a strip of WW.
The sentiment comes from the Great Friend stamp set and is stamped in Chocolate Chip ink and punched with the Small Oval Punch. I layered it on Rose Red punched with the Large Oval Punch and then onto More Mustard punched with the Scallop Oval Punch. A little Chocolate Chip and Rose Red Grosgrain Ribbon and it's done!


The fun thing about some challenges is that they really stretch you out of your "normal" habits! I rarely use More Mustard and cannot imagine ever pairing it with Rose Red on my own. But it works!

Ingredients:
Stamps: Great Friend Paper: Rose red, More Mustard, Candy Lane DSP, WW Ink: Chocolate Chip Accessories: Small, Large and Scallop Oval Punches, Rose Red and Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by to visit! I hope you have a great weekend, be sure to stop by I programmed some posts in advance so you'd have something to look at while I am on the boat watching my kids have a blast being dragged around the lake in the tube!
Hugs,
Elizabeth

5 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth!

    This is beautiful!! I love how you used the colors. The flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! I love the flowers. They are so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card! Love the flowers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card! Being a die-cut sort of girl, I love your card! Great way to use all the colors in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete