Saturday, May 23, 2009

Color Throw Down and a Sketch in Purple

Good Morning Stampers! Thanks for stopping by on this Memorial Day weekend!

Today's card is another 2 sketches combined. I took the colors of this week's Color Throw Down of Lovely Lilac, Elegant Eggplant and Old Olive
and combines it with Kerrin's weekly sketch over at Stamps, Paper, Glitter.
I still had some Glossy Cardstock on my work table so I took my Sponge Daubers and inked them up in Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant and Lovely Lilac and randomly colored in my panel. Then I went back and stamped the leaves from the Great Friend set in Old Olive and the butterfly in Elegant Eggplant. You have to be careful when stamping on Glossy Cardstock or your images will smear.


After letting it dry for a bit, I added my brads using my Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, matted it on a piece of Elegant Eggplant and adhered it to my Lovely Lilac card base stamped with Elegant Eggplant leaves. I added the Elegant Eggplant strip and the sentiment was stamped in Elegant Eggplant and Lovely Lilac for the frame and popped up with Dimensionals. I am happy with how this turned out.

Hope you have a terrific rest of your Saturday! I am looking forward to my 2nd Stamp Camp this afternoon!
Hugs,
Elizabeth

5 comments:

  1. Elizabeth,
    OMG I love this card!!!!!!!!! Purple is my favorite color, although I don't use it that often. Very pretty! Thanks for joining in:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a stunning card! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely! What pretty images! Thanks for playing with us this week!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! I love the sponging!!! Thanks for playing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this card is just beautiful. You did a beautiful job with the sketch and color challenge. I think I am going to have to break down and get some glossy cardstock.

    ReplyDelete