Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Great Friend

Hi there Stampers!

I promised you this week was going to be full of combined challenges-here's another- #3 for the week! :) I am a happy camper!

Today I combined the Mojo Monday Sketch of the week and Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration Challenge using Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Sahara Sand, More Mustard and So Saffron.

I started out with a WW card base, added a panel of So Saffron stamped in the same color using the stems from Great Friend in the Occasion Mini Catalog, and the Baja Breeze piece for the top. I used my Scallop Edge Punch on a strip of More Mustard, stamped the frame in Sahara Sand also from the Great Friend set and then used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to stamp my sentiment in Baja Breeze exactly in the center of the frame. I know INCREDIBLE! There's no way I could have stamped it without my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig!
The panel behind the sentiment was made with a super easy and neat looking technique that I cannot remember what it is called. You simply sponge ink from your ink pads randomly in a circular motion on Glossy cardstock. I matted that with a piece of Sahara Sand, added some daisies from the Sizzix Bigz Daisies #2 Die and a Build-A-Brad in the center with some Walk in the Park DSP. It's definitely different, but I think I like it. :)

Hope you enjoyed today's card! Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Hugs,
Elizabeth

2 comments: