Saturday, May 16, 2009

More Teacher Appreciation

Good Morning Stampers! Hope you are having a good day!

Today's project is one I can definitely classify under super, duper, stinkin' flippin' cute! I saw this purse first at our Woo Hoo Stampers event last month done by Liz Miller. I knew I wanted to make one as soon as I saw it but didn't have the dimensions and wasn't sure if I could figure it out. Then my new blogger friend, Rosemarie, made some and posted the directions! Yippee, thanks so much Rose!

I made two of the exact same purse and cards to go with it. One is for a raffle they are doing for the teachers for Teacher Appreciation Week and the other is to make everyone else drool! ;) Hee Hee! Rose's directions were so easy to follow so I whipped these both out in about an hour or so. I used Baja Breeze for my purse stamped with the flowers from the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set in the same color. The purse flap is a Top Note Die Cut in Close to Cocoa and then run through with a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder. I added some Velcro to keep the purse closed and added a Cherry Blossom Embosslit die cut in Baja Breeze with a half pearl from the Pretties Kit in the center. I used some Jumbo Eyelets set with my Crop-a-Dile and some Chocolate Chip Ribbon for the handles. The inside pockets are Stampin' Up's Large Cello Bags cut down to fit inside and holds four matching cards I made.




The cards were simple but turned out pretty nice I think. I made four for each purse. Two with a Baja Breeze base and two with a Kiwi Kiss base. I randomly stamped the same Fifth Avenue Floral flowers on WW and added a piece of Urban Oasis DSP, some striped ribbon and a sentiment and it's done!

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!

Have a great day!
Hugs,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment