Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Opus Gluei Challenge of the Week

Good Morning Stampers! Thanks for stopping by!

This week's challenge over at the fabulous Order of the Opus Gluei blog is to really stretch yourself and use colors that you really wouldn't be drawn to. Now I can't say there are too many colors that I can't stand, but if I were to pick one I'd have to say Cameo Coral is not one of my faves. So I made a card using Cameo Coral which was a little bit of a stretch but what really was a stretch was using one of my Summer Sun Corderoy Brads. Using different colors not too difficult, using some of my hoarded and hidden never to really be used embellishments...now THAT's a stretch! ;)



I started out with a Whisper White base, added a panel of Raspberry Tart DSP (with Cameo Coral in it)and added my daisy cut with the Sizzix Bigz Daisies #2 Die. I used my beloved Summer Sun Corderoy Brad in the center and cut some Green Galore using the Sizzlit Little Leaves Die. The sentiment is from the Oval All stamp set and is stamped in Cameo Coral, punched with the Large Oval Pucch and layered on some Cameo Coral punched with the Scallop Oval Punch. Super simple and I think I like it even it it is a lot of Cameo Coral. :)

Thanks for checking in with me and please go visit Jana and Rosemary and check out their ultra fun challenges!

Hugs,
Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Love your card. This is certainly inspiration to get out my never used embellies. Thanks for joining us in this difficult challenge at Opus Gluei.

    ReplyDelete