Saturday, May 9, 2009

Scallop Sunflower

Hi there Stampers! How are you?
Today's card and 3-D item is one I gave one of my customers and now friend for her birthday a couple of weeks ago. I just loved how it turned out but hadn't had a chance to post it yet These sunflowers are super cute and super easy to make! I saw them first on Paty Bennett's blog-if you haven't visited her blog lately-you really must check out her awesome water colored and brayered roses-they are stunning! I made mine using some Apricot Appeal punched with the Scallop Circle Punch. I sponged the edges of the scallop with Close to Cocoa ink and then used scissors to cut in between each scallop towards the middle careful to not go too far so I didn't cut a "petal" off. Then I simply added a 3/4" Circle of the Chocolate Chip dotted Bella Rose DSP to the centers and some Kiwi Kiss die cut with the Little Leaves Sizzlit. Ta-da!. The jar is a cleaned and re-used artichoke heart jar! I wrapped some DSP around it, added my sunflowers and leaves, put a bit of scrunchy paper (whatever that basket filler is called!)and added my gift to her inside (a stamp, of course!). Super cute, pretty simple and green! :)

Hope you enjoyed my post today and come back again to visit soon!
Hugs,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment