Friday, May 15, 2009

Teacher Appreciation

Hi there Stampers! Thanks for joining me!

Today's project is a card and candy holder for one of my middle daughter's teachers. Usually teacher gifts are easy for me because most of the teachers we have had have been female-so anything pretty much goes, flowers, cutesie images, etc. It took me a little while to figure out what to make that was masculine.

I started out with a WW card base, added a strip of retired Ski Slope DSP with some Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon wrapped around it and stamped the apple from the Tart and Tangy set using my SU Markers. I punched the apple out with my 1 1/4" Circle punch and layered it on some Close to Cocoa cardstock punched with the 1 3/8" Circle Punch. That was layered on some Old Olive punched with the Scallop Circle Punch and adhered with a Dimensional. The sentiment is from the One Smart Cookie stamp set and is stamped in Basic Black.

The gift is a giant Hershey's Chocolate bar wrapped in some more retired Ski Slope DSP. Hey, men like chocolate too, right?
I learned how to make this candy bar slider from the fabulous Queen of Purple, Dawn Griffith. Click HERE to see her awesome tutorial. To decorate the candy bar slider I stamped "A Little Yummy for Your Tummy" from the retired Yummy stamp set from Sale-A-Bration and layered it on a mat of Old Olive cardstock after using my Ticket Corner Punch to notch out the corners.


I'm sure he'll like it-who can resist chocolate?!

Hope you have a terrific day!
Hugs,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment