Thursday, February 26, 2009

Another Sketch Challenge!


Hi there! Another late post but hopefully worth the wait!

I stalk many blogs, one of which is an awesome SU demo in Australia named Makeesha Byl. Her blog always offers great "inkspiration"! Today I decided to play along with her Inkspiration Challenge #5 and this is what I came up with.

I don't tend to use such dark colors but it was kind of fun for a change. I used up some more of my DSP scraps (have I told you that I am a paper hoarder?! I keep it ALL!!)and even tried the stamping with bleach technique for the first time. I started my card with a Basic Gray base, added my Urban Garden DSP scraps with a little Baja Breeze for a matte, and stamped my Upsy Daisy stamp first in bleach and then again in versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder. I punched it out, layered it and popped it up with a dimensional. The sentiment is one I keep using from the Wow Flowers set stamped in black and punched with the Word Window Punch. What do you think? I'd love to hear so leave me a comment! :)
Ingredients:
Stamps: Wow Flowers, Upsy Daisy Paper: Basic gray, WW, Baja Breeze, Urban Garden DSP Ink: Basic Black, Versamark Accessories: Bleach, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Word Window Punch, Dimensionals, Clear Embossing Powder
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!
take care!
Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Love your colour combination and technique used - great card!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete