Sunday, February 22, 2009

Beate's Weekend Sketch


Good Morning Stampers! I'm so glad you stopped by!
I have found myself doing a lot of sketch challenges lately and have decided that I really love them! Sometimes it's hard to come up with an original card when you don't have any idea where to start. A sketch is a perfect way to get your creative juices flowing. I found this sketch and thought I'd play along!
I started my card by going through my scrap pile of DSP and finding these left over pieces of red DSP from the hostess paper pack from the last SU catalog. From there I thought it would be fun to use a hostess stamp set as well. I chose the current Darling Dots hostess stamp set. I just love how whimsical these images are plus who can resist a stamp set with a ladybug in it? Not me! I pieced my papers together after stamping my images on the white piece onto a black matte and ran them through my Big Kick with the Birds and Swirls Cuttlebug Embossing folder. Now don't look too closely because I realized too late that I ran it through upside down! Duh! Oh well, I think it still looks ok. I popped up the ladybug on a dimensional and stamped thanks from the Trendy Trees set in black. The finishing touch was the black and white polka dot ribbon.
Ingredients:
Stamps: Darling Dots, Trendy Trees Paper: retired Red DSP, Basic Black, WW Ink: Real Red, Only Orange, Green Galore, Basic Black Accessories: Birds and Swirls Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Big Kick, Dimensionals, Non-SU Ribbon
I hope you enjoyed my card and that you have a great rest of the weekend!
take care!
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment