Saturday, February 21, 2009

Kristina Werner Color Challenge

Good Morning Stampers! How are you? I am hoping and praying for a much better day because yesterday was a rough one on me. I have a workshop this afternoon so I know that will cheer me up.
Today's card is one I came up with totally by myself-that doesn't happen too often! ;) Generally my cards are based on ones I've seen or shamelessly copied! I get the best ideas from the blogs I follow and from Splitcoast Stampers. Thanks for sharing all your awesome ideas ladies!

I started with a Kiwi Kiss base layered with a Cuttlebugged Traffic Jam More Mustard piece. The next layer is Really Rust stamped in the same color with the swirly stamp from Trendy Trees. The main image is also from Trendy Trees (can you tell from my recent posts that it is one of my favorites?!?!)I used my trusty Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to stamp the trees in the center of my white square. I framed it using the negative of a leftover chipboard scallop square colored with Really Rust. I finished it all off with some Kiwi Kiss Striped Ribbon. I really like how it turned out. Now if only I could take my photos straight!!
Ingredients:
Stamps: Trendy Trees Paper: Kiwi Kiss, More Mustard, Really Rust, WW Ink: Kiwi Kiss, More Mustard, Really Rust Accessories: Chipboard, Kiwi Kiss Ribbon, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Traffic Jam Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!
Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty! :) I had Trendy Trees on my list, but one of my close friends bought that set. Now I can use hers and I had more money for other sets! :) Not that I have been stamping much lately...all of my free time is being spent working on the house and cleaning up the debris from our big project. I am on home decorating mode right now and I love the colors that were used on this card...we are going to paint an accent wall a rusty color and we are going to do the kitchen/main living area in a sage green color. The colors really pop! :)

    ReplyDelete