Friday, March 27, 2009

Birthday Card Swap


Hi there Stampers! Thanks for stopping by! Sorry no furry friends to post today. I've been running around getting ready for a workshop and stamp camp this weekend and then had to run my daughter to the doctor this morning for xrays! Not broken thankfully but what is up with my kids getting hurt lately?!?!
Today's card is one I made for a swap I joined with a couple friends. The theme was birthdays which my card could be for but it is also good for other occasions.
This card is called a hinge card and I first saw it in our Stampin' Success magazine for Stampin' Up Demonstrators. It looked so cute I just had to try it. I also saw it on a couple other blogs like Dawn Griffith and Dawn Olchefske where I found more step by step instructions. Check them out and try it for yourself! It is easy and so much fun to make! Plus these ladies have some awesome blogs! Make sure you say hi to them if you visit! ;)
My base is a piece of WW cardstock with a scalloped piece of Delicate Dots DSP from the Sale-A-Bration catalog. The top is a piece of So Saffron stamped with the daffodil from the Just Buzzing By set. The main image is colored with SU markers and matted with another piece from the Delicate Dots DSP.

Ingredients:
Stamps: Just Buzzing By Paper: WW, So Saffron, Delicate Dots DSP Ink: Black Stazon, SU Markers Accesories: Dimensionals, So Saffron Polytwill Ribbon (SAB), gold brad, Scallop Edge Punch, 1 1/4 Circle Punch

Here are all the other swaps I received, aren't they great?!?!


Tarja Little



Melina Crain


Julye Cox



Judy Crain


Allison Rowlands #1










Allison Rowlands #2



Lynda Lee


Have a super day and hope you come back again soon!
Hugs,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment