Sunday, March 15, 2009

New Occasions Mini Stamps!


Happy Sunday Stampers! Thanks for stopping by!
Yesterday I had a chance to finally ink up and play with some of my new goodies from the Occasions Mini Catalog. Now the catalog doesn't officially start until April 1st, but Stampin' Up is letting customers purchase a few stamp sets early to get a jump start on your Easter and Spring projects! Now as a demonstrator I get to pre-order everything so I have even more fun new stuff to play with! Stay tuned for some awesome projects using sets and die cuts from the mini!
One of the sets that is available for pre-order is called Eight Great Greetings. This set has so many uses-it's a must have! I needed a birthday card so I used the cake slice image from this set to make a hinge card. I saw the hinge card first in my Stampin' Success magazine, a magazine exclusively for demonstrators but it's been all over blogland! You can see another example of a hinge card here, but to make mine I followed the step by step video done by none other than the absolutely fantastic Dawn Griffith. Click here to check it out. I started out with a WW base, added Certainly Celery wheeled with a new Egg Hunt wheel in the same color and scallop punched the edge. The top is a piece of So Saffrom stamped with the stars from Just Jawing (yes, I have finally put it away!)in the same color. I stamped my main image in Basic Black and colored it in with SU markers and matted it in Bashful Blue and Pretty in Pink. The ribbon is from the Sale-A-Bration ribbon bundle that you can get for free with a $50 order!
Ingredients:
Stamps
: Eight Great Greetings, Just Jawing Paper: So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, WW, Pretty in Pink Ink: Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Basic Black, SU Markers Accessories: Star Brad, Dimensionals, Scallop Edge Punch, Certainly Celery Ribbon, Egg Hunt Wheel
Have a great day and we'll see you tomorrow!
Hugs,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment