Monday, March 16, 2009

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge


Good morning Stampers! I hope you had a great weekend! My two older daughters have been in AZ visiting their grandma since Thursday evening and I am so glad to have them finally home! Of course gone is the peace and quiet too!
So it's time for another awesome Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge from Karen! This was such a fun sketch and I had a hard time deciding which stamp set to use so I made two!


The first one is using the Branch Out set from the Idea Book and Catalog. I had my eye on this set and had to have it-apparently I have a thing for trees lately! I started out with a Chocolate Chip base, added some Old Olive DSP and ran some Old Olive Cardstock through my Big Kick with the Scallop Circles #2 Sizzix Bigz Die to make the big scallop circle. I cut the WW circle using my Coluzzle. My main image is stamped with Close to Cocoa for the tree trunk and branches and Kiwi Kiss and Old Olive for the leaves. I added a hint of color by stamping the birdhouse image in Tangerine Tango. I stamped the "Celebrate" from the new Matchbox Messages (from the new mini available April 1st)in Chocolate Chip, cut it out and layered it on the coordinating Matchbox Label from the new Matchbox Die also in the new mini. The final touch was a piece of Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon.


Having gotten my preorder from the Occasions Mini I had many new things to play with. I really wanted to stamp with my new Forest Friends set so I made another card using the same sketch but turning it on its side. I used the same DSP and cardstock colors that I used in the first card since I had it all out already. Again I started out with my Chocolate Chip card base, added the Old Olive DSP matted with Tangerine Tango. I die cut another Old Olive Scallop Circle using the Scallop Circles #2 Sizzix Bigz Die. I stamped the tree image using several SU Markers and the deer with Close to Cocoa. I went back and colored in its nose and hooves with my Chocolate Chip marker and colored in the ground. The butterflies are from the Branch Out set and are stamped in Tangerine Tango. The final touch was a knotted Tangerine Tango Striped Ribbon and the sentiment same as the first card.

Ingredients #1:
Stamps: Branch Out, Matchbox Messages Paper: Old Olive DSP, Old Olive, WW, Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango Ink: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Kiwi Kiss Accessories: Matchbox Die, Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon, Coluzzle, Scallop Circles #2 Die, 1/4" Circle Punch

Ingredients #2:
Stamps: Branch Out, Forest Friends, Matchbox Messages Paper: Old Olive DSP, Old Olive, WW, Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango Ink: SU Markers, Close to Cocoa, Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip Accessories: Matchbox Die, Tangerine Tango Striped Ribbon, Coluzzle, Scallop Circles #2 Die,

Hope you enjoyed my cards!
Hugs,
Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. I love these, especially the one you turned on it's side, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the both of them although bambi happens to be my fav (lol). Love the trees although for some reason dont have a set - have to wait to see what our new catty brings out in April downunder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty cards! Beautiful layout and color schemes :)

    ReplyDelete