Saturday, March 14, 2009

Kristina Werner Color Inspiration Challenge!



Good morning stampers! Whoo hoo! It's time for another Kristina Werner Color Inspiration Challenge! These are sooo much fun! I am so glad I got to play!


So I still had the Just Jawing set on my table and since my last card with that set was mostly black, white and gray I figured I stick with it! But I didn't want it to be the same boring card so I dug through my stash of patterns and templates and pulled out the Spring Card Template. I got this template at a Whoo Hoo Stampers Event 2 yrs ago-it doesn't say who to credit so if you made this template, thank you and please contact me so I can credit you properly :)

I started out with a 10" x 5" piece of WW cardstock and scored it like the diagram. To get the diagonal score lines I just lined up the corners on the "cutting" line of my cardstock cutter and ran the scoring blade down it. Once I had it all scored and folded I added my Rockabilly DSP pieces to the bottom (the large rectangle piece) the the 4 smaller triangle sections. Next I stamped my black stars randomly around the background being careful not to get it on my DSP panels (I probably should have done the stamping first then added the panels). I added Sticky Strip on the largest triangle panel above the scored rectangle and folded it down to make the "spring" of my Spring Card. I added my skull with dimensionals after adding a little sparkle to its eyes with Dazzling Diamonds. I stamped the sentiment and notched the ends with my 3/4" Square Punch and added a black bow made shiny with Crystal Effects. Make sure if you use Crystal Effects that you leave it alone to dry for a while-don't get impatient or you'll have a mess and have to make a new one! The fun thing about a Spring Card is that it folds flat to mail and sits up nicely to be displayed when the recipient get it!

Ingredients:
Stamps: Just Jawing Paper: Rockabilly DSP, WW Ink: Basic Black Accessories: Dimensionals, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds, 2-Way Glue Pen, Sticky Strip, 3/4" Square Punch
Hope you liked my card and aren't sick of skulls! ;)
Hugs,
Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Aren't these the best cards ever! The pop-up cards are my daughter's favorite.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete