Friday, June 19, 2009

Happy Anniversary Cards

Hi there stampers! Happy Friday!

One of my customers recently asked me to make a scrapbook to present to her husband for their 10 year wedding anniversary. She gave me three pictures from each year they've been married and gave me free reign to scrap as I pleased. It is done and I really like the way it turned out-simple, clean and pretty. But man, scrapping someone else's pictures has an abundance of pressure with it! I am so glad I am done!

To go along with her scrapbook I made a few Anniversary cards for her to choose from. After going through my ginormous pile of stamp sets I realized I only had one stamp that said "Happy Anniversary". So I used that one on all four as the sentiment. I'm going to show you two of the cards today and two tomorrow.

The first card is a pocket card. I had some "card guts" left over including some Pink Pirouette cardstock that was scored and ready for a pocket card so I used that to start my card. I stamped the entire pocket with the large rose image from the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set in Pretty in Pink and tied some Pink Gingham Ribbon around the front of the pocket. I used my Top Note Die to cut a piece of Pretty in Pink and Bella Rose DSP and trimmed the Bella Rose DSP to fit inside the Pretty in Pink one. I added some Pink Piroutte punched with the Round Tab Punch to make a tab on the top of the Top Note Die, set a white eyelet and added some more Pink Gingham Ribbon to make it easier to pull it out. I stamped Happy anniversary from the Birthday Hugs and Wishes stamp set in Black Stazon on Pretty in Pink and punched it with the soon to be available Modern Label Punch and adhered it to the center of my card. The final touch was three Pretty in Pink hearts punched with the Heart to Heart Punch in the corner.

The second card I made started out with a Basic Black base. I added a panel of Whisper White run through with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, matted on Basic Black then matted on Real Red. I stamped the main image from the Cheers to You stamp set in Versamark ink and then embossed it using Black Embossing Powder and my Heat Tool.
I colored the glasses with my SU Marker, matted it on Real Red and then matted that on Basic Black. I adhered it with Dimensionals after tying some White Organza Ribbon around the card. The sentiment from the Birthday Hugs and Wishes stamp set in stamped in Black Stazon and punched with the fabulous Modern Label Punch (available in the new catalog July 1st). Since my card is black I added a panel of Whisper White cardstock to the inside so you can write on it. :)

I appreciate you stopping by to visit! Hope you have a fantastic weekend-we will be on the boat again!

Hugs,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment