Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Sneak Peak at Animal Stories

Good Morning Stampers! Thanks for stopping by!

Today's card is a sneak peak at one of the images in the new Animal Stories stamp set coming out July 1st in the new Idea Book and Catalog. It is so cute! There is a giraffe, whale, owl and an elephant and I don't know which image I like best.

My sister-in-law, Becky lives in Marina del Rey and recently took pictures of a baby whale that has been hanging out at the end of the jetty right near their complex. In honor of this little (ok, not really little) gray whale I thought I'd ink up my whale stamp but in blue.

I started with a Pacific Point card base and took a piece of Tempting Turquoise cardstock and used my Coluzzle to cut the oval hole. I stamped the whale using the rock and roll technique inking it up first in Tempting Turquoise and the rolling just the outer edges in Pacific Point. I added some waves by punching my cardstock with my Scallop Edge Punch and layering them. The sentiment is inked in Tempting Turquoise and is from the Matchbox Messages stamp set. I layered it on Pacific Point punched with the 1 3/8" Circle Punch and then onto a Tangerine Tango Scallop Circle with some Tangerine Tango Striped Ribbon poking out of the sides. What do you think?

My oldest graduated/promoted from the 8th grade today so now I officially have a highschooler. Oh man, how did that happen?!?

Have a terrific day!
Hugs,
Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elizabeth! This is super cute!! I love all the details - the clouds, the waves, the rock-n-rolled whale, and the ribbon treatment - great job!

    ReplyDelete