Friday, June 26, 2009

Sock Monkey!


Good Morning Stampers!
Today's card uses one of the most fun sets Stampin' Up makes the Sock Monkey set. He's is so cute and comes with many accessories to dress him up for any occasion. There is also an additional set of accessories to dress him up for the holidays including bunny ears and a graduation cap!

I've been going through my huge pile of card guts left over from workshops and stamp camps trying to use them up! This card uses the guts from a card we made at my masculine stamp camp HERE.

I started out by sponging Close to Cocoa on my Close to Cocoa mat and Sahara Sand on my Sahara Sand mat. I added the Manchester DSP to the Sahara Sand mat and layered that and the Close to Cocoa piece on my Sahara Sand card base. Next i stamped the sock monkey in Black Stazon, covered him with a mask I made and stamped the exposed parts with one of the stamps from the Itty Bitty backgrounds stamp set in Cloase to Cocoa. I colored him in with my Barely Banana and Real Red Stampin' Write Markers and used the Ticket Corner Punch to notched out the corners. I matted that onto a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock and stamped the pennant image first on Very Vanilla and then an a scrap of Manchester DSP, cut it out and adhered it to his paw. The sentiment is also from the Sock Monkey set and is stamped in Black, punched out with the Word Window Punch and layered on a piece of Manchester DSP punched with the new Modern Label Punch available July 1st. I layered that on a piece of Chcocolate Chip cardstock punched with the Designer Label Punch.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!
Hugs,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment