Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Welcome Journal and Bookmark

Good morning stampers! Thanks for stopping by!

So last month Stampin' up had an awesome starter special for only $75! I had two ladies join and I am so happy that I have a "group" now! :)

As a welcome gift I made each lady an altered journal with their initial on it to record business expenses or write notes in. Of course I forgot to take pictures of both of them but I remembered one!



On this one I used some Candy Lane DSP and some Ridinghood Red Striped Ribbon. The initial is from the Big Deal Alphabet set stamped in Ridinghood Red and punched with the Scallop Circle Punch. I added another two Ridinghood Red Scallop Circles to the sides to make it stand out more.

I added a bookmark to this one since it matched perfectly. To make the bookmark I sponged Ridinghood Red ink with a sponge dauber on a chipboard scallop square, then stamped it with the swirl image from the Trendy Trees set in White Craft Ink. I inked the whole thing up with Versamark and then covered it with Clear Embossing Powder and heat set it with my Heat Tool. The image is from the Bella's Bloom set and the ribbon is the Striped Ridinghood Red Ribbon. At the end of the ribbon I tied on a Filagree Brad. Super cute and functional!

If you haven't checked out the Last Chance List of retiring stamp sets and accessories you should! There are a lot of great items, some at 50% off and once they are gone, they are GONE! To see the accessories list scroll down to Monday's post.

Have a great day!
Hugs,
Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on having a group now, you're really starting to get going on this business! Good for you and best wishes for continued success!

    I think it is so thoughtful of you to make a welcome gift for your ladies, and it's beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete